24 hours due December 31st biennially based on original year of licensure.
Of the 24 hours, at least 16 hours must be HSW related. All 24 hours can be taken in online courses. The Board accepts courses registered with the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
Dual Licensed Architects & Engineers must earn a total of 24 CEUs every two years for renewal of their architectural license and a total of 30 PDHs for renewal of their engineering license.
- Completing or attending courses, seminars, instruction, in-house programs or training which relates to the licensee’s professional practice.
- Attending technical or professional society meetings when a topic related to the licensee’s professional practice is presented as a principal part of the program.
- Class preparation for teaching architectural courses or seminars for the first time only.
- Computer software instructional courses which relate to the licensee’s technical profession.
- Management or ethical courses which relate to the architectural profession.
- Correspondence courses on topics related to licensee’s professional practice where lessons are prepared, returned for correction and/or grading and testing at the end of the course is required.
- Educational tours of architecturally significant buildings where the tour is sponsored by a college, university or professional organization.
- Serving as a mentor or sponsor for the IDP (maximum 2 CEUs annually).
- Professional service to the public that draws upon the licensee’s professional expertise on boards or commissions, such as: serving on planning commissions, building code advisory boards, urban renewal boards or code study committees.
- Self-study courses sponsored by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, AIA or similar organizations.
Board website: http://pr.mo.gov/apelsla-continuing-education.asp
Missouri Architect Frequently Asked Questions
I’m an AIA member. Do you report my continuing education hours to the AIA?
Yes. We report all continuing education hours to the AIA after you complete your continuing education with us, if you are an AIA member.
Do you report my results to the Missouri Board?
The way it works in Missouri, you will renew your license and check the box letting them know you completed your mandatory architect continuing education. If the board audits you, they will ask you to provide your certificates of completion for your architect continuing education courses.
Do you offer any architect continuing education training that is not online or correspondence?
We offer online and correspondence continuing education to renew your Missouri architect license. We do not offer any classroom continuing education courses for Missouri architects. We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet – or out of our course booklet.
Do you provide me with a certificate of completion when I finish your continuing education course?
Yes, all graduates of our Missouri architect continuing education course will receive a certificate of completion. We can either email, mail, or fax the certificate to you.
What if I still have questions about completing my Missouri architect continuing education courses?
No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists at (888)564-9098 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .