Requirement: 24 hours biennially based on date of issuance. All 24 hours must be HSW related.
All 24 hours can be taken in online courses. The Board accepts courses registered with the AIA.
A continuing education course or activity must:
- have a clear purpose and objective which will maintain, improve, or expand skills and knowledge obtained prior to licensure or certification or develop new and relevant skills and knowledge;
- be presented in a well-organized and sequential manner;
- provide evidence of preplanning which must include the opportunity for input by the group to be served;
- be conducted by persons who are well qualified based on education or experience; and
- provide for documentation of an individual’s participation including information required for record keeping and reporting.
A course or activity approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) shall be accepted as meeting the requirements of paragraph (1) of this subsection.
Board website: http://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/arch/archcpc.shtml
Maryland Architect Frequently Asked Questions
I’m an AIA member. Do you report my continuing education hours to the AIA?
Yes. We report all continuing education hours to the AIA after you complete your continuing education with us, if you are an AIA member.
Do you report my results to the Maryland Board?
The way it works in Maryland, you will renew your license and check the box letting them know you completed your mandatory architect continuing education. If the board audits you, they will ask you to provide your certificates of completion for your architect continuing education courses.
Do you offer any architect continuing education training that is not online or correspondence?
We offer online and correspondence continuing education to renew your Maryland architect license. We do not offer any classroom continuing education courses for Maryland architects. We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet – or out of our course booklet.
Do you provide me with a certificate of completion when I finish your continuing education course?
Yes, all graduates of our Maryland architect continuing education course will receive a certificate of completion. We can either email, mail, or fax the certificate to you.
What if I still have questions about completing my Maryland architect continuing education courses?
No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists at (888)564-9098 or email us at email@example.com .