12 hours due December 31st annually
All 12 hours must be HSW related. The Board accepts courses that are registered with the AIA.
Acceptable continuing educational activities in HSW include the following:
- Attending professional or technical seminars, lectures, presentations, courses, or workshops offered by a professional or technical organization (AIA, National Fire Protection Association, Concrete Standards Institute, NCARB, etc.);
- Successfully completing tutorials, short courses, correspondence courses, televised courses, or video-taped courses;
- Successfully completing monographs or other self-study courses such as those sponsored by NCARB or a similar organization which tests the architect’s performance;
- Making professional or technical presentations at meetings, conventions, or conferences;
- Teaching or instructing;
- Authoring a published paper, article or book; and
- Successfully completing college or university sponsored courses.
Board website: http://www.lastbdarchs.com
Louisiana Architect Frequently Asked Questions
I’m an AIA member. Do you report my continuing education hours to the AIA?
Yes. We report all continuing education hours to the AIA after you complete your continuing education with us, if you are an AIA member.
Do you report my results to the Louisiana Board?
The way it works in Louisiana, you will renew your license and check the box letting them know you completed your mandatory architect continuing education. If the board audits you, they will ask you to provide your certificates of completion for your architect continuing education courses.
Do you offer any architect continuing education training that is not online or correspondence?
We offer online and correspondence continuing education to renew your Louisiana architect license. We do not offer any classroom continuing education courses for Louisiana architects. We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet – or out of our course booklet.
Do you provide me with a certificate of completion when I finish your continuing education course?
Yes, all graduates of our Louisiana architect continuing education course will receive a certificate of completion. We can either email, mail, or fax the certificate to you.
What if I still have questions about completing my Louisiana architect continuing education courses?
No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists at (888)564-9098 or email us at email@example.com .