Top Menu

Kansas Architects

Requirement: 30 PDH by June 30th biennially based on last name.

Last name A-L renew June 30th even years
Last name M-Z renew June 30th odd years

All 30 PDH can be taken in online courses. The Board does not pre-approve courses.

Dual licensee. A dual licensee shall earn a minimum of 40 PDH per renewal period except for the carryover permitted. The dual licensee shall earn 20 of the PDH in each technical profession area. The number of professional development hours which may be carried forward into the next renewal period for a dual licensee shall not exceed 20 in each professional area.

Course Info:

Continuing educational activities which satisfy the continuing education requirement shall include the following:

  1. attending professional or technical presentations at meetings, conventions or conferences;
  2. attending in-house programs sponsored by corporations or other organizations;
  3. successfully completing seminars, tutorials, short courses, correspondence courses, televised courses or video-taped courses;
  4. making professional or technical presentations at meetings, conventions or conferences;
  5. teaching or instructing as described in K.A.R. 66-14-5(a)(2);
  6. authoring published papers, articles or books;
  7. actively participating in a technical profession society or organization;
  8. successfully completing college or university sponsored courses; and
  9. successfully completing courses which are awarded continuing educational units.
  10. All of the activities described in (a) shall be relevant to the practice of a technical profession and may include technical, ethical or managerial content.

Criteria. The criteria for continuing education activities shall:

  1. have a clear purpose and objective;
  2. be well organized, presented in a sequential manner, and provide evidence of pre-planning;
  3. be presented by persons who are well-qualified by education or experience in the field being taught; and
  4. provide individual participant documentation for recordkeeping and reporting.

Board website:


Kansas Architect Frequently Asked Questions

I’m an AIA member. Do you report my continuing education hours to the AIA?

Yes. We report all continuing education hours to the AIA after you complete your continuing education with us, if you are an AIA member.

Do you report my results to the Kansas Board?

The way it works in Kansas, you will renew your license and check the box letting them know you completed your mandatory architect continuing education. If the board audits you, they will ask you to provide your certificates of completion for your architect continuing education courses.

Do you offer any architect continuing education training that is not online or correspondence?

We offer online and correspondence continuing education to renew your Kansas architect license. We do not offer any classroom continuing education courses for Kansas architects. We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet – or out of our course booklet.

Do you provide me with a certificate of completion when I finish your continuing education course?

Yes, all graduates of our Kansas architect continuing education course will receive a certificate of completion. We can either email, mail, or fax the certificate to you.

What if I still have questions about completing my Kansas architect continuing education courses?

No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists at (888)564-9098 or email us at .