Continuing Education for Occupational and Professional Licenses
- Upon renewal of your license in 2022 (license period 8/1/2022 through 7/31/2023) you will be required to attest that you earned the minimum twelve (12) continuing education hours (C.E.H.s) to renew your license.
- Continuing Education (CE):
- The law recently changed the reporting date for continuing education hours from December 31, 2021, to April 30, 2022. In effect, the first reporting period of CE hours is January 1, 2021, through April 30, 2022.
- Going forward, while the architect license period continues to be fromAugust 1st to July 31st the following year, the continuing education period will be from May 1st through April 30th the following year and continue as such. The CE period begins 3 months prior to the license expiration date andconcludes 3 months before the following license period expires.
- The Department and the Board are in the process of determining the reporting system. When this is finalized, this information will be sent to the licensees.
- C.E.H. must be certified by the American Institute of Architects, N.C.A.R.B., or the Connecticut Office of Data and Education Management. NCARB WEBSITE OFFICE OF EDUCATION AND DATA MANAGEMENT (OEDM)
- The C.E.H.s must be in the category of Health, Safety and Welfare Subjects, as described in the regulations. REGULATION – ARCHITECT LICENSING
Connecticut Architect Frequently Asked Questions
I’m an AIA member. Do you report my continuing education hours to the AIA?
Yes. We report all continuing education hours to the AIA after you complete your continuing education with us, if you are an AIA member.
Do you offer any architect continuing education training that is not online or correspondence?
We offer online and correspondence continuing education to renew your Connecticut architect license. We do not offer any classroom continuing education courses for Connecticut architects. We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet – or out of our course booklet.
Do you provide me with a certificate of completion when I finish your continuing education course?
Yes, all graduates of our Connecticut architect continuing education course will receive a certificate of completion. We can either email, mail, or fax the certificate to you.
What if I still have questions about completing my Connecticut architect continuing education courses?
No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists at (888)564-9098 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .