Arkansas registered architects must complete a minimum of twelve (12) continuing-education hours each calendar year. A continuing-education hour (CEH) shall represent one continuous instructional hour (50 to 60 minutes of contact) spent in structured education activities intended to increase or update the architect’s knowledge and competence in Heath, Safety and Welfare (HSW) subjects.
All of PDH Academy’s courses are approved by the AIA for HSW hours. Click here to view our approved courses.
“Structured study” is a course which includes:
(1) a relevant or elective topic;
(2) the knowledge to be gained about the topic in a specified time;
(3) and an instructor with skill, knowledge or experience in the topic.
Examples of structured study include:
- Any university approved course on a relevant or elective topic;
- Any course on a relevant or elective topic offered by a professional or technical organization (AIA, CSI, SCC, NCARB, etc.)
- Any university level correspondence course on a relevant or elective topic which monitors the student’s performance.
- Any correspondence course on a relevant or elective topic which monitors the student’s performance.
- Any structured in-house course on a relevant or elective topic, taught by a qualified instructor, organized by individual practitioners who come together for that purpose.
- Any structured course on a relevant or elective topic, taught by a qualified instructor, organized by individual practitioners who come together for that purpose.
- Any structured course on a relevant or elective topic, taught by a qualified instructor or individual. A qualified instructor is any individual or group (which could include individual practitioners) who by virtue of education, training, or experience, possess knowledge, on a relevant or elective topic and can convey that knowledge in a structured course of study.
Board website: http://www.state.ar.us/arch/index.html
Arkansas Architect Frequently Asked Questions
I’m an AIA member. Do you report my continuing education hours to the AIA?
Yes. We report all continuing education hours to the AIA after you complete your continuing education with us, if you are an AIA member.
Do you report my results to the Arkansas Board?
The way it works in Arkansas, you will renew your license and check the box letting them know you completed your mandatory architect continuing education. If the board audits you, they will ask you to provide your certificates of completion for your architect continuing education courses.
Do you offer any architect continuing education training that is not online or correspondence?
We offer online and correspondence continuing education to renew your Arkansas architect license. We do not offer any classroom continuing education courses for Arkansas architects. We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet – or out of our course booklet.
Do you provide me with a certificate of completion when I finish your continuing education course?
Yes, all graduates of our Arkansas architect continuing education course will receive a certificate of completion. We can either email, mail, or fax the certificate to you.
What if I still have questions about completing my Arkansas architect continuing education courses?
No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists at (888)564-9098 or email us at email@example.com .