This course is intended as an overview of the Endangered Species Act and how it relates to land development projects. This knowledge is helpful in the early planning stages of development and can prevent costly delays as the project progresses. The overall objective of this course is to provide a basic understanding of what endangered species are and how their presence can affect land development. The course includes information as to where an engineer can gain preliminary data on this topic for a specific project.
At the end of the course, students will:
- Have a working knowledge of what constitutes an endangered species.
- Learn why preserving these species is worthwhile.
- Understand how the presence of these species can affect land-use projects.
- Know where to look for information regarding these species.
- Have a basic knowledge of what options are available to landowners.
Total Number of Approved PDH Hours: 1