Requirements: 20 PDH units within the preceding biennium
(a) Credit for formal activities will be granted only for actual time spent as a learner. Business meetings and lunches will not be counted toward continuing education credits.
(b) College Courses – One academic semester credit equals 15 continuing education hours.
(c) Approval for other types of educational activities will be considered by the Board when written requests are submitted to the Board in accordance with Rules 7.9 and 7.10. The Board shall have final authority to approve continuing education activities and to determine how many hours credit each may receive.
Acceptable Educational Activities
(a) All courses, presentations, instruction, and other educational activities described above must be relevant to the practice of land surveying and must meet the following criteria:
1) Have a clear purpose and objective for each educational activity which will improve or expand skills and knowledge obtained prior to initial licensure or to develop new and relevant skills;
2) Contribute meaningfully to the licensee’s ability to better serve and meet the needs of the general public;
3) Be planned, well organized, and presented in a sequential manner;
4) Engage presenters who are well qualified by education or experience or both and, if applicable, include the opportunity for active participation by the attendees; and
5) Include a procedure for controlling and verifying attendance.
(b) Credit shall be given only for satisfactory completion of an educational activity in its entirety.
Board Website: Vermont Secretary of State