Requirements: 30 PDH units each biennial renewal period ending June 30th of even years.
A maximum of 15 PDH units may be carried forward into the subsequent renewal period.
PDH units may be earned as follows:
(1) Successful completion of college courses.
(2) Successful completion of continuing education courses.
(3) Successful completion of correspondence, televised, videotaped, and other short courses/tutorials.
(4) Attending qualifying seminars, in-house courses, workshops, or professional or technical presentations made at meetings, conventions, or conferences.
(5) Teaching or instructing in (1) through (4) above.
(6) Authoring published papers, articles, or books.
(7) Active participation in professional or technical societies.
(8) Successful application for patents.
The SC Board does not pre-approve courses or sponsoring organizations. It is requested that sponsoring organizations provide SC licensees with the following information needed for documentation as proof of continuing education:
1) Sponsoring Organization
2) Course name and brief course content description and /or skills to be addressed
4) Date of Activity, Duration
5) Instructor/Speaker/Facilitator’s name
6) Number of Professional Development Hours (PDH) earned
Choice of activities is left to the judgment of the licensee. Continuing education that enhances the professional attributes of the licensee and is beneficial in an area of practice will be considered by the Board for those who are audited. If chosen for audit in a random selection, the licensee will be expected to defend the PDH’s claimed with documentation of the activity and expression of knowledge gained by participation. Courses accepted by other states that meet the criteria of the SC Board will be generally accepted for credit.