Requirements: 24 hours due biennially on 12/31 odd years
A professional architect, engineer, or landscape architect holding multiple registrations is required to earn the total number of professional development hours of continuing education as those required for a single registration holder, however, at least 8 hours of the professional development hours must be in each registration held.
(1) The subject matter must address the public’s health, safety and welfare by instructing in the proper planning, design, and construction of buildings, structures, infrastructure, and the spaces within and surrounding such facilities so that
(A) risk of injury to persons or property is minimized;
(B) the results are durable and environmentally friendly;
(C) the results function properly in all relevant respects; and
(D) the results enhance the general welfare of the public;
(2) The course or activity must be relevant to the practice of professional architecture, engineering, or landscape architecture, and may include technical, ethical, or managerial content;
(3) The course or activity must be designed to maintain, improve, or expand professional architect, engineer, or landscape architect skills and knowledge;
(4) Each course or activity must be well organized and the content presented in a sequential manner;
(5) The presentation must be made by persons who are well qualified in the subject by education or experience in the subject.
Board website: http://www.dced.state.ak.us/occ/pael.cfm
Alaska Architect Frequently Asked Questions
I’m an AIA member. Do you report my continuing education hours to the AIA?
Yes. We report all continuing education hours to the AIA after you complete your continuing education with us, if you are an AIA member.
Do you report my results to the Alaska Board?
The way it works in Alaska, you will renew your license and check the box letting them know you completed your mandatory architect continuing education. If the board audits you, they will ask you to provide your certificates of completion for your architect continuing education courses.
Do you offer any architect continuing education training that is not online or correspondence?
We offer online and correspondence continuing education to renew your Alaska architect license. We do not offer any classroom continuing education courses for Alaska architects. We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet – or out of our course booklet.
Do you provide me with a certificate of completion when I finish your continuing education course?
Yes, all graduates of our Alaska architect continuing education course will receive a certificate of completion. We can either email, mail, or fax the certificate to you.
What if I still have questions about completing my Alaska architect continuing education courses?
No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists at (888)564-9098 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .