This course is intended for engineers who are involved in land use projects that disturb soil, including construction, mining, and other activities. It presents an overview of soil erosion and sediment control plans and describes several specific practices in detail. The objective of this course is to provide a comprehensive description of soil erosion and sediment control plans and to familiarize the engineer with the most commonly-employed practices. In addition, it presents detailed information on a number of soil erosion control practices and how and when to use them.
- To understand why soil erosion and sediment control is essential for public health and welfare.
- To become familiar with the basic requirements of soil erosion control plans.
- To understand the workings of the most common soil erosion control devices.
- To review the design of conduit outlet protection & lined waterways.
- To learn about some innovative ways to solve soil erosion-related problems.
PRESENTER INFO: David Fantina, PE