This course presents guidance on the use of sUAS for land surveying during the various stages of civil and military projects. The course is intended to be a guide to obtaining consistent data using a sUAS following FAA regulations. Focus is on the consistency of data acquisition across sensor types, aircraft types, mission planning software, and data processing.
- When sUAS will decrease costs and increase accuracy for land surveying
- How sUAS must be operated for land surveying to meet FAA regulations
- How sUAS are operated to obtain accurate and repeatable land surveys
- Understanding various sensors available to sUAS used for land surveying
- What deliverables are available from existing data processing software