Is Pop-Architecture just a trend or a new way to practice architecture and engage with a rapidly growing segment of the retail, entertainment and housing industries? Is pre-fab the next best thing in design? New techniques in prefabrication and direct-from-design manufacturing promise to dramatically change the practice of architecture. In this course, you will:
- Explore current trends and their impact on the industry
- See how these options can help you reduce waste, save time, and access materials that were once cost-prohibitive
- Engage with experts and understand how you can make the most of these advances
- The industry is already feeling the impact of pre-fab. This course will help you stay ahead of the sea change.
AIA CES Learning Units/HSW: 3 LU/HSW
- Course learners will be able to identify key skills needed to influence change by being exposed to several different applications of pop-up architecture and how it is changing the way we think about design and building structures.
- Course learners will discover some of the differences between traditional design / construction processes and pre-fabrication enabling them to apply these concepts to their own practices with new building design ideas.
- Course Learners will be able to identify key skills needed to influence change by addressing some of the techniques used in digital fabrication. Learners will be exposed to numerous methods of how digital fabrication tools are being used in pre-fab and modular construction to increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Course Learners will have a better understanding of the principles of logistics and the potential for integration with pop-up architecture and prefabrication to change the practice of architecture, construction and the built environment.