This course will present the basics of AC Generator Operation including the functionality of governors and voltage regulators. Using simulations we will present the basics of AC Transmission Lines. We will discuss the role of the Balancing Authority within the US and explain the concept of Area Control Error (ACE), and the policy of operational planning for Contingency Operations.
- Present basics of AC Generator Operation
- Voltage regulators
- Present the basics of AC Transmission Lines
- Discuss Balancing Authorities within the US
- Explain the concept of Area Control Error (ACE)
- Explain the concept of Contingency Operations
Total Number of Approved PDH Hours: 1