Requirements: 30 PDH’s for a twenty-four month (biennial) renewal period.
A maximum of 15 PDH’s may be carried forward into the subsequent biennial renewal period
Criteria for continuing educational activities
(a) Continuing educational activities used to earn PDH’s must meet the following criteria:
(1) There is a clear purpose and objective for each activity, which will maintain, improve or expand skills and knowledge obtained prior to initial licensure or to develop new and relevant skills and knowledge.
(2) The content of each presentation is well organized and presented in a sequential manner.
(3) There is evidence of preplanning which should include the opportunity for input by the target group to be served.
(4) The presentation will be made by persons who are well qualified by education or experience.
(5) There is a provision for individual participant registration which will include information required for record keeping and reporting.
(b) The Board has final authority with respect to acceptability of courses, credit, PDH value for courses, and other methods of earning credit.
(1) Credit for college or community college approved courses will be based upon course credit established by the college.
(2) Credit for qualifying seminars and workshops meeting the criteria in 245:15-11-6(a) will be based on one PDH for each hour of attendance. Attendance at qualifying programs presented at professional and/or technical society meetings will earn PDH’s for the actual time of each program.
(3) Credit determination for activities referenced in 245:15-11-5 (a)(6) and (a)(7) is the responsibilities of the licensee (subject to review as required by the board).