Requirements: 30 hours of continuing education during the two-year period immediately preceding the biennial renewal expiration date. At least 2 of the 30 PDHs are required to be in professional ethics or rules relevant to the practices of surveying.
Board policy only allows for a maximum of three (3) hours continuing professional development per year for the completion of correspondence courses (paper, online, or other formats) provided they course and the course provider meet the requirements. (PDH Academy courses do qualify for these 3 hours per year.)
Ohio’s State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors does not pre-approve continuing education providers or activities. The Board does, however, require that the provider and the activity meet certain standards. The following information is provided in order to assist continuing education providers in developing courses, seminars and classes that meet Ohio continuing professional development laws.
- The provider/instructor must be competent, knowledgeable, qualified and reputable in the subject matter they are teaching.
- The provider/instructor must be current and technically accurate with respect to their teaching and content.
- The course must cover technical, ethical or managerial topics relevant to the practices of engineering and surveying.
- The activity should include interaction between the participant and the instructor. This may be in the form of a written or electronic exam, or an opportunity for the participants to ask questions at the end of a lecture.
- The provider must be able to track attendance and verify completion.
- The provider must give a certificate of completion or other evidence verifying attendance at the end of the activity. The certificate should include the activity title, activity description, number of hours completed, the date of the activity, the location/address, the attendee’s name, and the provider or instructor’s name.
- Generally, one hour of course attendance equals one hour of CPD credit.
- The Board does not provide certificate of completion templates.
Board Website: Ohio Board of Professional Engineers and Surveyors