PDH Academy is currently not an approved provider.
Requirements: 24 PDH units in each three-year registration period
Continuing education hours cannot be carried over to subsequent registration periods.
- A minimum of 16 hours of continuing education must be completed in courses for land surveyors.
- A maximum of 8 hours may be in educational activities including self-study programs for land surveyors. PDH Academy hours are considered self-study programs.
- 1 hour of professional ethics must be taken as either a course or educational activity every registration period. This requirement becomes effective for registration periods beginning August 1, 2011 and after.
To be acceptable the courses/educational activities must be:
- administered by an approved New York State sponsor (provider)
- in an approved subject area and
- in an approved format.
- In addition to the requirements above, for a course to be considered acceptable, a student must have the opportunity for immediate interaction with an instructor/presenter, e.g. a seminar, workshop, lecture, technical presentation, etc. See question #17 for a listing of approved sponsors and question #18 for a listing of approved subject areas.
Please note: Courses and educational activities requiring the use of a self-reporting form by the sponsor will NOT be accepted for New York State continuing education credit.
Board Website: New York State Board of Engineering and Land Surveying