PDH Academy is NOT currently an approved provider.
Requirements: 30 PDH per biennium, of those 2 PDHs are required in ethics, ending December 31, odd or even year = odd or even license number
Licensees can carryover up to a maximum of 15 PDHs over the 30 PDHs. There is no carry-over of ethics hours. More than 2 hours in ethics will only count towards the general total required 30 PDHs.
QUALIFYING PDH ACTIVITIES
- Must have taken place during the reporting period (January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2017)
- New Licensees: PDHs are only eligible from the date of initial license to the expiration date.
- Must have a clear purpose and objective which will maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the practice of engineering or surveying (courses taken only for personal use would not qualify)
- May include technical, ethical, or managerial content
- Should advance the professional or technical competence of the licensee
- May be sponsored by employers, government agencies, nationally affiliated engineering or surveying technical or professional societies, colleges or universities, or other organizations
- May be earned in any jurisdiction
- All other activities must comply with Title 16.39.2 of the Professional Development rules.
The Board does not pre-approve courses for PDH credit; it is the licensee’s responsibility to ensure that activities meet the professional development requirements and that they are beneficial to the licensee.
CLARIFICATION OF ACTIVITIES
- Audited Courses – earn PDHs for contact hours only (actual time spent in classroom)
- Ethic courses – laws pertaining to another jurisdiction are not eligible as an ethic course, the course may be considered as a general PDH.
- Videotaped/Correspondence Courses or Instructional Computer Software (self-taught tutorials) – acceptable if appropriate progress/completion documentation is provided to participants – would not qualify on an individual basis (no means of verifying progress/completion) – may be eligible if presented in a group/formal setting.
- One CEU is defined as 10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education course under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction.
- Conferences – receive PDHs for number of hours attending professional/technical sessions.
- Presentations by Product/Equipment Vendors & Factory/Plant Tours are eligible only if – presentations are of a technical nature and not just a sales demonstration – part of a formal training session; not normally obtained in the course of licensee’s work.
- Published Papers, Articles, Books – may earn credit for authoring or co-authoring only; reviewing end editing of documents would not qualify.
- Professional/Technical Societies – may receive 2 PDH/year for active participation (serving as an officer or on a working committee and not just a dues-paying member) – may earn PDHs for attending individual meetings of an organization when an engineering/surveying related topic is presented as a principal part of the program – attending regular committee and business meetings would not qualify
Board Website: New Mexico Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers & Professional Surveyors