Requirements: 30 PDH units within the preceding two calendar years by January 2 of odd numbered years.
Any certificate holder who completes in excess of thirty (30) hours of professional development within the preceding two (2) calendar years may have the excess, not to exceed fifteen (15) hours, applied to the requirement for the next biennium. All PDHs must be obtained during the time the surveyor’s registration has been active.
PDH units shall be credited based on the following list:
- FULL-TIME TEACHING The active full-time teaching of land surveying as defined in R.R.S., 81-8,109., at the college level within the immediate preceding two calendar years shall be counted as 3 PDH per calendar year. In no case shall PDHs be issued for partial fulfillment of a calendar year in this rule and no more than 6 PDH shall be issued for teaching at the college level in any renewal period.
- MEMBERSHIP IN SOCIETIES Membership in a local, regional, state or national society which is directly related to the practice of land surveying shall be counted as 1 PDH per society per calendar year with a maximum credit of 4 PDH in this category in any renewal period.
- EXAMINING BOARD MEMBER Serving as a member of a board or commission which has as its primary duty the registration and review of land surveyors, such as the state boards of registration, shall be counted as 1.0 PDH per calendar year.
- EXAMINATION COMMITTEE MEMBER Serving as a member of a committee of a board or commission which has as its primary duty the preparation and grading of written tests which are given for the purpose of determining the proficiency of an applicant for registration as a land surveyor shall be counted as 5.0 PDH per calendar year.
- CONFERENCE\SEMINAR ORGANIZATION Organizing a conference and seminar with a duration of a minimum of 4 hours which is directly related to land surveying shall be counted as 1.5 PDH.
- WORKSHOP\SEMINAR ATTENDANCE Attendance at workshops or seminars which are directly related to land surveying shall be counted as 1.0 PDH per actual hour of attendance. Such sessions must be planned in advance, a record must be maintained describing the content and the sponsoring organization must certify attendance.
- WORKSHOP\SEMINAR TEACHING Teaching a workshop or seminar which is directly related to land surveying shall be counted as 2.0 PDH per actual hour of teaching time, not to include preparation.
- COLLEGE\CORRESPONDENCE COURSES College level courses directly related to land surveying shall be counted as 30 PDH per credit hour and 15 PDH per credit hour for extension or correspondence courses which are directly related to land surveying and are not college level.
- PRESENTATION OR PUBLICATION OF A PAPER Presentation and/or publication at a technical meeting of a professional paper, authored by the presenter, directly related to land surveying shall be counted as 5.0 PDH per paper. The maximum allowable under this paragraph shall be 15.0 PDH in any renewal period.
Board Website: Nebraska Board of Examiners Land Surveyors