Requirements: 12 PDHs are required by Professional Surveyors by December 31 each year
Every licensee shall be required to obtain one (1) PDH unit of Ethics training every two years.
Professional Surveyors licensed in Mississippi are required to obtain training in Mississippi Standards of Practice. Professional Surveyors with five (5) years or less licensure in Mississippi are required to obtain one PDH unit in Mississippi Standards of Practice annually.
Professional Surveyors with more than five (5) years licensure in Mississippi are required to obtain one PDH unit in Mississippi Standards of Practice biennially. Courses of surveying standards in other states may not be used to meet this requirement. However, standard courses from other states may be used as a portion of the licensee’s remaining PDH. Excess Mississippi Standards PDH may not be carried forward.
If a licensee exceeds the annual requirement in any renewal period, PDH units may be carried forward into the subsequent renewal period as follows: a maximum of 18 PDH January, 2012 units by a Professional Engineer/Professional Surveyor licensee; a maximum of 15 PDH units by a Professional Engineer licensee; a maximum of 12 PDH units by a Professional Surveyor licensee, with the exception of Ethics and Standards of Practice, in which case 3d and 3e will govern.
PDH units may be earned as follows:
(1) Successful completion of college courses.
(2) Successful completion of continuing education courses.
(3) Successful completion of correspondence, televised, videotaped, electronic and qualifying short courses/tutorials.
(4) Presenting or attending qualifying seminars, in-house courses, workshops, or professional or technical presentations made at meetings, conventions, or conferences.
(5) Teaching or instructing in (1) through (4) above.
(6) Authoring published papers, articles, or books. (7) Active participation in professional or technical societies, or active participation in educational outreach activities.