A. A licensee shall complete, as a condition of a license renewal, a minimum of 24 CPC units in each individual 2-year licensing term, as follows:
(1) All 24 CPC units may be earned from Category A activities; or
(2) At least 16 CPC units shall be earned from Category A activities, and not more than 8 CPC units may be earned from Category B activities.
B. As part of compliance with CPC requirements set forth in these regulations, a licensee shall complete, as a condition of a license renewal, a minimum of 6 CPC units in every other individual 2-year licensing term in content areas related to the following:
(1) Minimum Standards of Practice;
(2) Legal cases, commentaries, and other related materials as they apply to the law of land boundaries in Maryland; or
(3) Qualifying course or activity with content areas related to:
(a) The awareness of ethical concerns and conflicts;
(b) An enhanced familiarity with the codes of conduct;
(c) An understanding of standards of practice or care; or
(d) Similar topics aimed at maintaining, improving, or expanding the skills set and knowledge necessary to provide surveying services in the most ethical and responsible manner.
C. The 6 CPC units described in §B of this regulation shall be earned from Category A activities and shall be a part of, and not in addition to, the minimum number of CPC units otherwise required for a license renewal.
D. A maximum of 12 CPC units earned in excess of 24 CPC units that are required for a license renewal during the licensing term can be carried forward to apply as credit toward the next licensing term. The carried forward CPC units shall be applied to the same category in which they were earned.
Category A & B activities are listed on the board website.
Providers must be pre-approved by the CPD Standards Committee.
Board Website: Maryland Board of Professional Land Surveyors