Requirements: 30 PDH for each renewal period ending June 30th.
Even numbered Licenses renew in even numbered years.
Odd numbered Licenses renew in odd numbered years.
Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) is required as follows:
- Every professional engineer or professional surveyor licensee is required to report a minimum of thirty (30) PDH units for each renewal period. If a licensee exceeds the requirement in any renewal period, a maximum of thirty (30) PDH units may be carried forward into the subsequent renewal period.
- Dual licensees are required to report a minimum of forty (40) PDH units for each renewal period, with at least ten (10) PDH units earned in each profession. The remaining twenty (20) PDH units may be obtained in either profession. If a licensee exceeds the requirement in any renewal period, a maximum of forty (40) PDH units may be carried forward into the subsequent renewal period (no more than 30 in either profession).
- Units may be earned as follows:
- Successful completion of college courses;
- Successful completion of continuing education courses;
- Successful completion of correspondence, televised, videotaped, audiotape, and other short courses/tutorials;
- Presenting or attending qualifying seminars, in-house courses, workshops, or professional, technical, or managerial presentations made at meetings, conventions, or conferences;
- Teaching or instructing in (1) through (4) above;
- Authoring published papers, articles, or books;
- Active participation in professional or technical societies; and
- Patent grants.
Board Website: http://www.pels.arkansas.gov/