Architect continuing education covers both broad and narrow focus topics. Some apply to professionals throughout the United States, and some courses are created for relevant state-level problems and solutions.
For professionals in Florida, PDH Academy offers a special cost-saving bundle of CE courses for 12 HSW, total. They address recent Florida Building Code changes, green building, structural concerns and more. Courses are also available individually. But since they don’t expire, bundles are a great way to save money.
Here’s what you’ll get:
Florida Building Code Changes Advanced Course (AIAPDH134) / 2 LU
This course focuses on Chapters 1-16 of the 2014 Florida Building Code and is in compliance with the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation. It also complies with the AIA minimum 5000 words per hour requirement.
- Reformatting of the Energy Code
- Use and Occupancy
- General Building Heights and Areas
- Types of Construction
- Fire Protection Systems
- Means of Egress
- Interior Environment
- Exterior Walls
Review of Structural Materials & Methods for Home Building in the U.S.: 1900-2000 (PDH117) / 3 LU
This continuing education course is built around a study of U.S housing construction in the 20th century and its evolution. It examines relevant changes in materials and practices that affect structural performance, construction quality and other issues.
- Awareness of recent home building practices with respect to structural performance and relevant technical data.
- Understand the importance of regular evaluation to improve current housing value and confirm previous successes
- Apply findings to encourage advancement of better housing value in the future
- Understand the need for precision and the potential for error with changes in materials and tools
Green Building Guidelines for New Home Construction (PDH123) / 4 LU
Green building matters more and more every year. And this continuing education course looks at the “whole systems” approach to building design, construction and operation.
- Understand 3 objectives: natural resource conservation, energy efficiency improvement and improved indoor air quality
- Understand the higher quality of green homes
- Understand the “Green Points” ratings system
- Use guidelines and resources for green building design
Architectural Concrete (PDH133) / 3 LU
This continuing ed course includes study materials from the U.S Army Corps of Engineers. It covers the design and construction of architectural concrete, including batching, transportation, quality assurance, exposed aggregate and more.
- Understand the designer’s role and structural design parameters for architectural concrete construction
- Understand the techniques for various concrete finishes and how to spec. them
- Understand material batching, concrete placement techniques and their effect on appearance
Florida architects can take advantage of this money-saving continuing education course bundle now, even if some of the courses are saved for later. They don’t expire, so you can stock up. And when you complete a course, we’ll report your credits to the AIA.
Beyond the Florida bundle, PDH Academy offers numerous individual CE courses that support licensing and AIA requirements. Check out our courses for architects and see why our program makes continuing education convenient and hassle-free.