Requirements: 24 hours due December 31st biennially based on licensee’s last name. Of the 24 hours, at least 16 hours must be HSW related.
Renewal occurs biennially based on last name:
A-K December 31 odd years.
L-Z December 31 even years.
All 24 hours can be taken in online courses. The Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects does not pre-approve continuing education courses or providers
Dual License: A person who is licensed as both an engineer and architect in Nebraska may satisfy either the architectural continuing education or the engineering continuing education requirement.
Hours that will be accepted
- Engineering or architectural related learning certified by an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Continuing education offerings accepted for continuing education (CE) credit, or certified by:
- Any state or NCEES / NCARB jurisdiction.
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA).
- Engineering Professional Organizations.
- The licensed PE or Architect CEO of a firm holding a Certificate of Authorization to practice architecture or engineering in Nebraska.
- Relevant distance learning, with successful completion certified by a recognized CE provider.
- Up to 15 Land Surveyor CE hours for the POE, if earned by a dual-licensed P.E.
- Structured course study.
Board website: http://www.ea.state.ne.us/continuing_education.html
Nebraska Architect Frequently Asked Questions
I’m an AIA member. Do you report my continuing education hours to the AIA?
Yes. We report all continuing education hours to the AIA after you complete your continuing education with us, if you are an AIA member.
Do you report my results to the Nebraska Board?
The way it works in Nebraska, you will renew your license and check the box letting them know you completed your mandatory architect continuing education. If the board audits you, they will ask you to provide your certificates of completion for your architect continuing education courses.
Do you offer any architect continuing education training that is not online or correspondence?
We offer online and correspondence continuing education to renew your Nebraska architect license. We do not offer any classroom continuing education courses for Nebraska architects. We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet – or out of our course booklet.
Do you provide me with a certificate of completion when I finish your continuing education course?
Yes, all graduates of our Nebraska architect continuing education course will receive a certificate of completion. We can either email, mail, or fax the certificate to you.
What if I still have questions about completing my Nebraska architect continuing education courses?
No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists at (888)564-9098 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .